Monday, December 17, 2007

Random Plants, No Flowers

My mom gave me this plant about a year ago, and it's grown a lot since then. I like how it has pink foliage. I found out it's called a red slipper spurge or devil's backbone.


This enormous rosemary bush just appeared at the end of my driveway one day. I ignored it for a few days, figuring its presence would be explained eventually, until my friend Tia asked if I had liked her gift. Then I started watering it. I need to find a recipe I can use rosemary in.


My woodland blue phlox (purchased at a native plant sale this year) was looking pretty rough for a while, but is now sporting a lot of new growth, which I tried to take a photo of:


It sort of just looks like a big mass of green. Sometimes digital cameras really mess up perspective. Oh, well--I tried!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that first plant looks so precious.

sarah said...

Yeah. It really suffered this winter--I think I forgot to cover it during one frost (oops), so some of the foliage fell off, but I'm hoping it'll recover as it warms up. It's pretty sturdy and doesn't seem to need much water.