Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Kitties and Puppies

So it doesn't fit in with my blog's mission at all, but who can resist kitties and puppies? Everyone loves them, right?

I recently got a cat. His name is Mr. Cheeks. He is very soft and cuddly and he sounds like a pigeon (seriously).


My friend Mary recently got two of the sweetest kittens I have ever met.



Emily's son got a puppy for Christmas. He's a lab, so he's already ginormous, but that doesn't mean he's any less puppy-acting. For example, somehow he got ahold of a fish head and carried it proudly around the yard while we were gardening the other day. (They always have weird crap lying around.)


And my parents got a new puppy!!!! Her name is Lucy and she's a mastiff.


Cutest. Dog. Ever.


Roast chicken pose.


She's very curious and affectionate. If you think these are traits common to all dogs, you haven't met my parents' last two dogs. They're both Bouviers de Flandres; the Bouvier is a Belgian cattle herding breed. My parents' dogs are infuriatingly aloof and indifferent -- well, the one that's still alive is, anyway. The other one was. But he recently went to the Great Dog in the Sky.


So it's kind of nice to have a friendly dog around for a change.



If you watch that video, the banging sound is my mother chopping vegetables.


No comments: