Thursday, July 3, 2008

Bad Joke

This morning I was riding my bike to work with a co-worker when my flip-flop slipped off my pedal on the downstroke. My foot went flying toward the back of the bike and got tangled somehow between the rear fender and spokes as I banged my crotchal region on the crossbar thingy. When my foot entered the wheel it was at the bottom of a revolution, but the wheel kept moving so my foot was dragged by the toe up toward the top of the wheel before I could stop the bike.

Let me interrupt myself and say that this was around 7:15, and I usually wake up at 8. If it had been later I may have been more awake and thus panickier.

Instead, for about five minutes I stood on my right leg trying not to pass out as Brian (thank you, Brian!) attempted to extract my toe, my leg bent all awkwardly behind me. It was excruciatingly painful. Luckily I still have my toe.

All I'm gonna say is, sometimes it ain't easy bein' green. (Groan)


On another note, Happy Birthday U.S.A.! If it ever stops raining/being gray maybe I will have some outdoor adventures this weekend that I'll write about next week. Otherwise, I'll be either sleeping or watching movies, and probably won't take any photos.

5 comments:

Ruth said...

omg. that is the most painful story ever. i'm glad you survived. i almost didn't.

Unknown said...

Alright, Graddy, I hate to be the a-hole, but somebody has to be...what the hell were you doing wearing flip flops to work?

Wicked Gardener said...

oow,oow,owweee! That is hurtng me just hearing about it.

sarah said...

EG: it's weird -- not a mark on my toe! Go figure.

Yumkaxx/Barrios: it's summer in Florida -- of course I'm wearing flip-flops! But thanks for the sympathy!

Wicked Gardener: it only hurt for a day or so. I'm pretty much back to normal now.

Jen said...

I'm loving the new layout! (I think it looks a little familiar, but you know what they say . . .)

Can I use your new photo on the Gardening in a Minute blog page?